help with a mpd16

illest1029

just bought an mpd16 an i cant figure out how to put the sounds on the utillity program it comes with. i got drum sounds, but i cant get them to play with the mpd16 can u help me out please?

Before buying i just thought you opened up the program and then you dragged the sounds onto the pads , thats not the case.

i think the utility program is just for assigning midi note numbers to the keypads. you'll need to have another program which can accept midi input to play the samples (such as reason/rebirth). great controller though once you get it working. good luck!

Your mpd16 is not a sampler, it cannot contain samples, it can only trigger samples stored somewhere else, like on a computer.

illest1029 said:
just bought an mpd16 an i cant figure out how to put the sounds on the utillity program it comes with. i got drum sounds, but i cant get them to play with the mpd16 can u help me out please?

Before buying i just thought you opened up the program and then you dragged the sounds onto the pads , thats not the case.
Please don't crosspost. That means posting the same question in more than one forum --- pick the most appropriate forum for your question and post there once. You won't get a better or faster answer by crossposting and it irritates those of us who might help you.

See the 'Keyboards and Sound Modules' forum for an answer.

Back