Help! Will my INCA88 fit my new computer?

Zorlee

Hello everyone!
I own a Audiotrack INCA88 soundcard. I'm going to buy a new computer for my up and comming home recording studio.
I was wondering... Will the PCI soundcard fit my new computer? I was reading "Home recording for musicians for dummies" just now, and the author said that not every PCI card will fit every PC with a free PCI slot.
How can I control that my INCA88 will fit my computer?

I don't know if you understand anything at all, but I'm going to buy this computer (I'm adding some CPU power and RAM etc.):

http://www.komplett.no/k/ci.asp?sku=10203

Thank you guys in advance

Zorlee said:
Hello everyone!
I own a Audiotrack INCA88 soundcard. I'm going to buy a new computer for my up and comming home recording studio.
I was wondering... Will the PCI soundcard fit my new computer? I was reading "Home recording for musicians for dummies" just now, and the author said that not every PCI card will fit every PC with a free PCI slot.
How can I control that my INCA88 will fit my computer?

Well, there are a few "full size" PCI cards that can be really deep from front to back, but I can't think of any that have been built in the last ten years.

Now, if you have PCI Express slots, you can't use any PCI cards in them, and if you have or PCI-X slots, you may or may not be able to use PCI cards depending on what voltage signaling they use (and on whether they are notched correctly for that voltage).

In a few very specialized systems, you'll find half-height PCI slots, but that's pretty much limited to certain mini-ITX cases and similar.

Beyond that, for plain old PCI slots, cards should pretty much just work. You probably don't need to worry about it.

Back