HELP??? What cards have best a/d converters???

Deadboyy

I am in the process of buying a soundcard studio package and I was wondering if any of you recording guru's out there had any suggestions on which soundcards have the best analog to digital converters???

ok,,,42 views and 1 reply????

someone out there??? anyone????? please ,,, pretty please ,,,,I will be you best friend ,,, just a suggestion,,,maybe something you read in a magazine or somethin............( razor slowly creeping towards wrist,,depression setting in ...) come on people you dont want my suicide on your hands ,, just an answer please ...

I am in the same boat - looking for a soundcard with functionality of the soundblaster live platinum with the live drive, but a higher quality version with maybe 24 bit and stable multitrack recording. I wish there was a professional version of the soundblaster live w live drive because that combination midi/digital/analog ins outs box that fits in a 5 1/4 bay is EXACTLY what I need in terms of connections, but everyone seems to say the card itself isn't that great for multitrack quality or reliabilty and I have heard the timing drifts.

Someone help and give me some direction towards a good pro card that isn't a million dollars!

- Blackout

Yes RME

It would even be worth a visit to their site. They also make standalone converters to do ADAT and TDIF at 96K. Check their specs. Fostex chose the RME Hammerfall card to transfer 24 tracks I/O of the PC. for their flagship HDR -D2424. The D2424 uses some of the best converterss made. www.RME-audio.com
Chuck

Pro converters on a card...Id say LynxOne, RME, and Digital Audio Labs....cards like Deltas and Echos are good, but not in the same league with the above....

Back