Help Setting Up Studio

A1MixMan

What's up.

I am in need of advice in setting up my equipment so it works well with Sonar 3.

Here's what I have:

Sonar 3 Producer Edition
Delta 1010 soundcard
Mackie 1202VLZ Pro mixer
Neumann TLM103 Mic
Mackie HR824 speakers

How I want it setup:

I would like to use my mixer mainly as a preamp for my mic, sending that into the soundcard. Then I would like to send the soundcard output back into the mixer so I can control the volume of my speakers with the mixer.
I also need to have input monitoring setup without creating a feedback loop.

I'm still relatively new to all this, and all of these inputs and settings have my head spinning.

Thanks for your time,

A1MixMan

A1MixMan said:
What's up.

I am in need of advice in setting up my equipment so it works well with Sonar 3.

Here's what I have:

Sonar 3 Producer Edition
Delta 1010 soundcard
Mackie 1202VLZ Pro mixer
Neumann TLM103 Mic
Mackie HR824 speakers

How I want it setup:

I would like to use my mixer mainly as a preamp for my mic, sending that into the soundcard. Then I would like to send the soundcard output back into the mixer so I can control the volume of my speakers with the mixer.
I also need to have input monitoring setup without creating a feedback loop.

Your signal chain could be,
Mic -> Mackie mic Pre 1 via XLR cable -> Main out L -> Delta 1010 input 1 -> COMPUTER -> Delta 1010 output 1 -> Mackie line in 2.

When tracking with a mic, turn off your monitors and use headphones. That should eliminate feedback loop. Input monitoring is a setting in Sonar, which you should turn on if you wanna use it.

hope this helped more than my first post.:)

Back