Help separating tracks from a multitrack file into different channels in cubase

Lobo.

Hi everyone.
I did some Recordings with a Mix Pre 6 recorder and recorded my stuff in 4-5 tracks.
But i'm having trouble importing those files in Cubase. I run a Cubase 7 Elements, for some reason the multitrack file will go into one single channel. I was expecting to have a channel for every track in the file but I dont know how to separate every track and I can only find tutorials online separating a stereo track.
Please help! Its critical for me.
2017-12-18.png

If all your imported tracks are in a single multi-channel track, you should probably have a right-click menu option available. Right-click the single multi-channel track and select "Make tracks from lanes" ... or possibly "Explode...". That should split it out into individual tracks.

Can't find such options anywhere. The file is in a mono track, an its displayed as you can see in the picture above. Any other posibility?

Can't find such options anywhere. The file is in a mono track, an its displayed as you can see in the picture above. Any other posibility?

not that am aware of, I import a file for each track. can you export individual files from your recorder?

I checked the manual for Cubase7 under File Handling:

You can set Cubase to Split Channel / Split Multi-Channel Files as part of the import process - not afterward. The options for splitting the tracks out need to be set up before importing so Cubase knows where and what to do with the files as they're coming in from your MixPre6.

open the folder the tracks are in, highlight the ones you want and open them. A dialogue box appears asking if you want them on one track, one after the other, or on separate tracks. Select separate, and they appear on either mono or stereo tracks as per the individual ones. All the extra tracks appear in the mixer. There is no need to split tracks - this is what you do when you want to convert a stereo track to mono.

Back