Help - Powerplay Pro

Pirateking

Hi
My friend got me a Behringer PowerPlay Pro for my birthday, which is cool, but I'm not sure exactly what it's for. The box says it's a headphone amplifier system, and the way my friend explained it is that it's for when you want to use more than one set of headphones (like if four people were all recording vox at the same time and wanted to each have their own set of headphones), but it looks a little more complicated than that. I read the instructions, but they were very minimal, thanks for any help!

hi!

looks like your friend knows what he´s talkin´ about ;-) you feed the box with a monitoring signal like an aux send or some mix and get it back on up to 12 phones! in fact there are 4 separate headphone amps with 3 outputs each (1 front, 2 back) which are adjustable in terms of left/right channel muting, mono summing, volume ... the use for all this?

an example:

let´s say you have to record 2 singers at the same time who don´t want the same monitor mix in their cans. let´s say you have 2 spare aux sends on your mixer of which you feed the first to the 1/L input on the ppp and the second to the input 2/R. singer 1 gets his mix from headphone amp 1 where you mute the right channel and switch to mono - the same is done with amp 2 but with muting the left channel. now set volumes accordingly - voila - everybody got his own individual mix on his/her cans! ;-)

then there´s the possibility to quickly patch in another signal (from your patchbay?) for flexibility ... i think it´s called direct in - the signal you insert here goes to all 4 headphone amps

there´s even more: via the aux ins on every of the 4 amps you can patch a second signal and blend between this and the main signal

does this make sense to you?

btw: i don´t work for behringer, i just own one of these beasts myself!

happy listening!

fretless

I use mine to monitor a Korg D8 by running the RCA lines out to an Ebtech hum eliminator and then to the XLR ins on the Powerplay. When I ran the RCAs out of the D8 directly to the Powerplay I got a hum. Had to convert the signal to a balanced signal. The Ebtech knocked the hum right out. I have phones to track guitar/vocals/keyboard/etc. with and also have a pair on phones dedicated to the drums that hang there all the time. Just turn on or the other up and go to work. I really like the Powerplay. Good clean sound and (especially in your case) CHEAP!

Back