Help please? Newbie

malabor

Okay, I'll tell you all what I'm using here and then I'll ask the question. I've got a little Fostex X-24, I'm running Cakewalk Pro-Audio 8.0 and I've got a radioshack Realistic mic mixer. I'm having trouble getting any type of input signal from my tape to the computer. It won't give me any levels of any type. I've got it all hooked up to my line in, I've followed the tutorials and so on. The only thing I can think of is maybe it's my sound card (or something I don't know about, in which case, the reason I need help). I've got an AWE64 sound card. What do you guys think? Any response will be helpful. Thanks.

well...I plugged a mic into the Line in: nothing I plugged the mic in the Mic in: signal. What do you think? Does my sound card have a problem or is there still something I'm not doing? Thanks.

Csus,
I've done all of that. It won't work. But it will work if I run direct from the four track to the Mic input. I know this is a bad idea, but it doesn't sound toooo bad. I'm not sure what's wrong with it...but it's looking more and more like it's my sound cards fault.

Sounds like the problem that AlChuck referred you to...make sure you've got "Line In" selected as your recording input device on the Windows Mixer. That link is a good one.

Peace.

One silly thing to double check - the Windows volumne level aplet comes up by default as "Playback control" Make sure you have gone into properties and switched it to "record control"

Also there is a check box to mute the mic input. I am not sure, but I think that if you uncheck this, it might mute the line-in input

Back