Help please (Live recording)

davide

Heya all
Im multitracking my schools talent quest on monday and have a couple questions if thats ok..

1) Should i use foam windscreens on the vocal mikes? Why/Not?
2) Should i place the radio mike receivers (all the vocal mikes) on stage or at FOH, which is about 30 m away? Im concerned about good reception.

:) thanks guys, if i think of anything else will post it.

appreciate it

david

The issue on the windscreen is optional... try it both with and without.

The wireless situation could be handled like this:
Keep the receivers on stage where line of sight can be kept. Run the outputs of the receivers into a snake that will go from stage to FOH.

just a thought,
slim

:eek: Yo DAV-OF-ide:

You said you were doing a "Talent" night. Your performers won't have much mic technique so the mic screens of foam might help the "blasts" that beginners are prone to do or putting their lips around the mic as they see on television stuff. [most of tv is lips that move and voices that are done in the studio.]

Keep your fingers on the faders.

Green Hornet :cool: :p :cool: :rolleyes:

Windscreens and limiters. You can't take those pops out later.

On wireless, I like having the receivers at the FOH position. However, if they're VHF or you don't have the option of a remote or active antenna, leaving them on the stage might be better for you. Just make sure you put a sleeve or a chunk of gaff over the power - The rookies - Hell, the PRO's always seem to find a way to accidently switch the transmitters off during the show.

Those who can't tech, perform.

I keep the wireless systems back with me. Make sure the batteries are fresh in the mics, and have a few spares just in case.

As far as the pop screen goes... too much hassle really.

Back