HELP!! Pencil Editing Mistakes=(

strings&keys89

Hello, I am in desperate need of some help and advice. I was experimenting in Pro Tools 8 and I made a couple big uh-ohs and I need a little bit of help and maybe someone to help lay out a few options and explanations for me.

I opened one of my sessions and saved it as another name so hoping that my original file was affected. I started playing around with the pencil tool when the view is zoomed all the way in on the waveform. I started playing around with the pencil and drawing in my own free hand lines. I stupidly started saving and when I zoomed out finally I noticed audio that didnt have fuzz, clicks, or pops or nething before had them. I tried going back to my original session file but unfortunatley for me the original session file was the same way. I am quite upset because I was very happy with my progress and I just brought myself a hundred steps back and now I do not know what to do to get out of it.

Is there a way I can go back into the history after saving and closing pro tools and taking away steps? Or would I be able to import the original wavfeforms from the audio files folder and fix it that way?

And also if someone could explain how to use the pencil tool and what i am looking for and how to read a line when zoomed all the way in on a waveform?

Any Help WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

I'm sorry. The actual file is changed. How bad did you mess with the waveform? Did you draw a treasure map on the thing? Try zooming back into pencil level and drawing a nice smooth curved line that hits the region boundary (splice point) anywhere you need to make it smooth. Then in the adjacent region draw a smooth curved line (going to the left now) that hits the region boundary (splice point) at the same spot as the other region. You'll find very often that when you redraw a waveform to the splice point the line will drop down suddenly to the 0 axis. (Wish I could upload a pic to describe.) Don't worry too much about this. Try just aligning the two regions' waveforms as if the line went straight through the splice and didn't drop to 0. I hope I'm explaining this. PM me if you need. Good luck repairing that stuff, man.

Back