Help Needed Please!!!

dmas

I am looking at buying a Matched pair of Marshall MXL 2001, but the place selling them said they didn't have any paperwork stating the mics being "Factory Matched". Does this sound funny to anyone else? I am supposed to just take their word for it?

You say you want a "matched pair" of Marshall mics....

...like it makes one bit of difference whether they're a matched pair or not!!!!!!! You're lucky if you even get 2 Marshall mics coming out of QA that even look alike, much less worrying about the sound specs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're spending $5000 or more on a pair of mics, you need to worry about "matched pairs"...... if you're spending $200 on a pair, "matched pair" means they may have the same brand name, but that's about it!

Bruce

Ahhhhh...

So basically it is a ploy to get more money... I see. I never had a bear steer me wrong. Thanks...

Any other thoughts from anyone else?

Take a volt-ohm meter to the store,plug each mike into a mixer and (with all settings identical)measure the voltage at the main bus out. The closer the values of two mikes the closer they will be alike in how loud they are.
Bruce's point about QC is well taken.Low level "pro-sumer" goods are notorious for the lack of consistant quality control.Doesn't mean you can't find good stuff for cheap, but you have to know what to look for and be willing to take the time to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Tom

Back