Help Needed - Female vocals and Piano

alright guys, here it is. I think I'm pretty much done. I tried to add strings, but I couldn't come up with anything I liked. I'm beyond the point where I can tell if it needs anything else because I've heard it so many times with just bass and drums. Anyways, I'm not ready for mix critiques.

I remember you posted "Little Star" a while back which is similar to this one. I really liked that track; the strings added to the voice and piano came together really well.

I was messing with strings about a week ago, and I found a couple little counter melodies I liked. But I don't know if you want them. I'll do a little messing around with it sometime. I'll keep them quiet though if possible, lol. Unless you don't want them anymore...but I'm thinking you're still open to ideas on this, right?

Kirstin

Really like this song a lot. Vocals definitely make it happen. Nothing to nitpick about on the mix.

One thing I might throw out there for the arrangement is at 2:30 where it does a little change-about... I think there is room to add a clean guitar solo (or just noodling in the background), switch the drums to a 2/2 beat, and pick up the tempo a tad. The vocal performance is suggesting something else should be happening at that time. Input a little more energy for a few bars, then go back to the outro as you have it. IDK, just a suggestion.

cool man,

Sorry Boz, I've commented twice & neither time has it stuck.
Good work - light, jazzy even backing.
I'd have liked just a cello playing a counter line for a more ominous feel & no drums or bass but what you've done works wonders.

I was messing with strings about a week ago, and I found a couple little counter melodies I liked. But I don't know if you want them. I'll do a little messing around with it sometime. I'll keep them quiet though if possible, lol. Unless you don't want them anymore...but I'm thinking you're still open to ideas on this, right?

Kirstin

hey, yeah, I'd love to hear what you came up with. I tried, but I didn't like what I did. feel free to add anything you want to it.

Here's the latest version:

yeah, rayc, I think just cello and piano could sound cool, but I already did that with one of her songs, so I'm trying to do my best to make them all sound slightly different.

Okay, have downloaded the newest version. I think I haven't totally heard it with drums yet, so that'll change the flavor of what I kept up with. She is really good. Does she have a contract of some sort? Anyway, tonight would be a good night to play. Like I said, I've already played with it once. So, it should come more easily to me this time. If you didn't want cello, I was planning on putting some in, lol, but I can add other strings as well. I just think in the right spots, it'll sound really really nice.

Kirstin

hey cool. I actually reallly think a cello in there would be great. I tried adding one myself, but I'm a pretty lame celloer, so it just wasn't coming out right.

As far as I know, she doesn't have a contract, but she does have an EP. You can check out some of her stuff here: http://www.myspace.com/karalanger

this song is truly amazing. is she signed? she should be. right up there with signed artists of the genre.

this song is truly amazing. is she signed? she should be. right up there with signed artists of the genre.

Thanks, not that I can take any credit for it. I just hit the record button. I ended up doing 4 songs for her, and this one was my least favorite of the 4.

Back