Help mixing

6th Sense

Hello guys,

yes this is another unfortunate person who's horrible at mixing. But I'm not going to ask for any tips because I've tried too many. But if any of you is good at mixing a rap song (3 tracks max), could you please mix a song of mine for me? If the mix is good, then I'll observe what you did to get it to such quality. I know this is asking a bit much but some of you experts can do this in a heartbeat. So I'm hopeful. If you're willing to do it, could you please reply to this? Thanks guys.

Well, after you do mix it in AA or Cubase session and send the session file back to me, I'll figure out myself what you did in the file unless you'd like to break it down for me. I don't expect many people agreeing to do this but if you could, it would be a great help. The equipment I used is basically AT2020, EMU 0404 USB, and Sennheiser 280 headphones. So this is mainly for me to figure the maximum potential of quality the song can reach.

Well, after you do mix it in AA or Cubase session and send the session file back to me, I'll figure out myself what you did in the file unless you'd like to break it down for me. I don't expect many people agreeing to do this but if you could, it would be a great help. The equipment I used is basically AT2020, EMU 0404 USB, and Sennheiser 280 headphones. So this is mainly for me to figure the maximum potential of quality the song can reach.

Still not going to help you much. You are thinking in a "preset" mentality. There are no magic presets, if their were, Andy Wallace would be out of a job.

But I honestly have experimented till I damn near went crazy and the sound that I wanted is just missing. It feels like I'm almost there and I'm never getting there. :( I need to see what a person who's skilled at mixing can actually do with my sound.

If you got five of us to do it, you'd get five different results; very possibly none of them what you expected or wanted. Audio engineers have a tendency to bewilder 6th senses in that regard ;).

What I'd recommend is that you post what you got in the MP3 clinic forum on this website, along with a description of what you don't like about it, and you'll get no shortage of quality advice of how to get from here to there.

G.

Back