Help me plz..

Sebcore

Hi i just bouth a real mic to record myself with my computer..But for some reasons its not recording loud at all..Normally im using a 3$ computer mic and it record good,i dont understand why the real mic dosent work,do i need something with it? Like i use those lil adapteur they sell at radio shak to plug it in the computer so the plug is not too big..Help me with that plz

Do u absollutly need a real computer mic to record with a computer?

Wow. Well, you're probably going to need to find a gain control for your sound card's preamp somewhere either physically on the sound card (if you're just plugging it into the soundcard directly with what looks like the smaller version of the headphone plug, then there probably isn't a knob) or in a control panel (if your soundcard has a software control panel, check that and see if there's a slider or control for mic or input gain and turn it up). The software program you're using to record may also have a gain control.
If you can do that, make sure you don't turn the gain up so much that the signal distorts/clips (if there is a level indicator it might turn red to show clipping).
If these solutions don't work or aren't available, you may need some sort of a preamp to boost the mic signal, which will probably be a good idea if you can afford it anyway. Eventually a recording interface might also be a good idea, but isn't absolutely necessary.
You might get more help and flamed less if you post some questions in the "Newbies" forum.
Good luck-- everyone has to start somewhere and everyone has had some frustrations.

Normal mic?

Sorry...way to general of a description. We need to know make and model. Then we can tell you what to check or do next.

Nomal mic?!? I gotta get me one of those!

Sebcore, you need to give a make model number.

Joel

Back