Help me get a midi interface

Jeyan

I use a 88 key yamaha keyboard as my midi controller, and it just has midi in and out (no thru), ok now I have two sound modules (with midi in/out/thru) and I am planning to get a few more like motif rack and roland XV series.
So I want a midi interface that makes it possible for me to control 5 modules from two midi controller (both without thru). Which midi interfaces would you guys prefer. Your recommendations please. I would personally like to go with a motu unit . Any suggestions are welcome.

Forgot to mention, I am running Soanr 2.2XL in Windows 2000 Pro. Most of the usb midi interfaces I see have bad reviews for creating driver problems in Windows. Anybody know a good 8in 8out (preferably) interface that would run perfectly in Sonar and Win 2000 pro?????

It's been a long time, but I remember using those MOTU Express XT and MTP AV with Win98SE in some recording studio. Work like a charm with CWPA 9. They both has 8 In 8 Out plus two extra MIDI in & out on the front side. You better check them out on www.motu.com
No, I don't own them, just used them for some loading session few months ago, so I'm not sure about they prices & issues.

;)
Jaymz

I'm using windows, but not cakewalk. But it doesn't matter. Any program that recognizes a midi port will work with it.

does anyone know the "real" difference between the Midi express and the MTP-AV from MOTU.

I am a beginner with this deal. will need basic 4 in 6 out.
MY needs are simple at this point.

What can one do that the other cant?

What does that mean?

If I am sending midi messages via my motif or Sonar--does this feature matter?

The midi express will do what you need. The timepeice is used for syncing different hardware in different ways. All you need is a midi router like the xt. I have one and it works well.

what is the latency like on those units? i cant seem to get ideas down if i have over 50ms of latency.

Back