Help me BUY somthing

Tussin

Ok yall here is whats up.

I bought a Marshall DSL401 amp for my studio amp. Well it was a great amp, but I have had it for 3weeks, and has been in the shop for 2 of those weeks (Crazy Rattling noise comming out of it), picked it up today, and more funky noises. Ok, so I have decided that I am going ot get a POD and just use that. Now the amp was $650.00, and the place does not have a return policy only a exchnage policy. So the POD is $300.00, that leaves me with $350.00 left over in credit. Now, I basiclly have everything. I have a KSM32, Rode NT1, and a Shure SM57 mics. A Presonus Bluetube pre, a Presonus Bluemax comp, a Delta 44, the new Berhinger Monitors (Just got those today), a fender amercian strat, a warick bass, a tacoma acoustic. So basicly I have $350.00 dollor credit at the store, and have NO clue what to buy.

Sonusman is right. We use our POD as a harmonica preamp.

Oh, sorry, we DROPPED the POD from two feet and it blew three capacitors the next time we plugged it in. So, I guess we USED it as a harp pre.

Admittedly, fun for inspiration (and hit www.slackmaster2000.com to hear it sound good in recordings). But it's not your father's oldsmobile, if you know what I mean...

Have you identified exactly where the rattling is coming from? I guarantee you can fix it for free with a screwdriver and folded card stock (using the card stock as a "gasket" between the rattling parts...).

Tussin said:
So basicly I have $350.00 dollor credit at the store, and have NO clue what to buy.
I only wish I had your problem. What about a musical instrument ? Any musical instrument.

Who's that Kelly Holdridge guy? ;)

Well the rattiling is gone. But now the distortion channel is going wacky. There is a huge BUZZ in it, and it sounds like the sound is going in and out. Probably a harmonic tube. But I just dont want to screw with it anymore.

Dont underestimate the need for good cables....every step of your signal chain(s) deserves a few $$$ worth of good cable and wire....

Well I don't have a POD but I know a few folks who love theirs.

The bass player in my band is now looking at buying Behringer's imitation POD, its a bit cheaper and it sounds ok to him. OK NO BEHRINGER JOKES!

I would buy whatever flavor POD type device sounds good to you, then buy a small amp with what's left over.

Other studio $$$ things I can think of - Monitor speaker upgrades, a direct box, a second guitar with some fat humbuckers, lava lamp :), a mid-price range condensor mic.

Back