Help! Let me know what you think

StudioHermit

Complete Amatuer
Ok, I'm posting a new version of this. It turns out the one I posted a few weeks ago wasn't even the right file. :facepalm:
So, hopefully this will get a better response. I have reworked it from what I thought I posted the first time anyway. If you don't like it, at least let me know, all input good or bad is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
James
View attachment Last All Night1.mp3

Everything sounds great! really good. My only concern would be the vocals, sounds as if a little to much reverb was used. Its almost pushing the vocals back a little. Maybe pushing them forward a bit more, either with volume or comp either, or just pulling the effect of the reverb down would suffice. BUT....If that soupy, soggy vocal effect thing with the reverb is the feel & effect you wanted then congratulations you nailed it :thumbs up:.

(hardest thing giving feedback on mix's is what if that was the sound you was going for :confused: always leaves me stumped.

jaynm
Thanks for listening. I think you are dead on with the vocals, however upon listening to it about 40 more times, I realized that I want to go back and retrack them anyway. Now that I have pulled back on the reverb, I have seen(heard) a bunch of stuff that I dont like. Maybe I added the reverb to cover some of that? IDK :eek:
Anyway, thanks for your response, it is greatly appreciated.

Sounded OK.

The first thing I noticed were that the reverbs were pretty heavy and kind of all over the place. The guitars, drums, and singer all sound like they're in different places. Might just be me.

Pops at 1:45 and 1:46. Maybe a punch-in? More at 2:35, 2:41. other spots too.

Lots of pitch problems in the vocal. It would sound better, to me, if it were double tracked. harmonies would be nice too.

It sounds like it was recorded well, but to be honest, I would try another singer if possible.

Been out of town a few days just got back, thanks for the feed back.
Yeah I know my voice kind of sucks, but that was an awful take as well, I geuss I didn't listen to very close.

Sounded OK.

The first thing I noticed were that the reverbs were pretty heavy and kind of all over the place. The guitars, drums, and singer all sound like they're in different places. Might just be me.

Pops at 1:45 and 1:46. Maybe a punch-in? More at 2:35, 2:41. other spots too.

Lots of pitch problems in the vocal. It would sound better, to me, if it were double tracked. harmonies would be nice too.

Thanks for the comments, I will check for the pops. Also plan on retracking the vocals too. I guess, I'll see if it comes out any better next try.

Back