help jskillz out please

Hey , the soundcard I had is really shitty I mean like bad. But this is all i got untill I save up and get a new one. I'm not sure what the name of it is. But heres a picture of it.

just get a wire that goes from 2 - 1/4" mono plugs to a single 1/8" stereo plug.....go from the mixers main outs to the line in on the soundcard......

TEDDY GRAHAM'S ROCK!

Right now I have the rca in tape out that gots to 1/8 into the line in .

I got the cable from radio shack.

Here it is.
42-2551.jpg

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog_name=CTLG&product_id=42-2551

better go from 1/4 inch(mixer out) to 1/8 inch (soundcard in) That is teh good way :) (you can get the cable in Radio shack)

Jeyan said:
better go from 1/4 inch(mixer out) to 1/8 inch (soundcard in) That is teh good way :) (you can get the cable in Radio shack)
I don't have mixer out , but I have main output mono send fx send and the tape in's and out's.

I was going threw the tape out with rca cables.
Thats wrong right? I should go threw the main outputs. I have the mixer that Richard Monroe posted up there^.

it won't really matter as you're going into a 1/8" line input on your sc. I used the rca tape outs on my yamaha mixer for the first year and got good results.

stonepiano said:
it won't really matter as you're going into a 1/8" line input on your sc. I used the rca tape outs on my yamaha mixer for the first year and got good results.

That's what I was told here a while back - that the mains out and tape out were equivalent signals. I've tried it both ways and cannot really tell the difference.

I can tell the diffrence theres a big diffrence. Well because the rca ones made it sound hollow or somthing. But I have another problem I don't know how to record threw line in. I hooked the the 1/8 from the main out put 1/4s into my 1/8 sound card jack , and i cant record. I've tried changing the settings with the little speaker to record threw the line in. Nothing happens.

if you camt record

check .....
1. is the signal reaching the sound card ? check cables by inserting a cassette deck between mixer out and sound card.
2. check WINDOWS MIXER advanced , RECORDING do you have something muted ?
3. what multitrack software do you have ? and have you configured
properly ? did you are track ?
it would help me help you to know what sound card etc you have .
if its on board sound chip. no point in going further.

Back