Help is needed

You need to give much more information if you expect any help. What OS, what hardware exactly, what software, when are you getting the error, what exactly do you mean by "wipe your system", etc.

Thanks for responding .. I am running windows xp, i reinstalled and updated it to sp3 fort he second time. I had tried to install my sound card before and got the same message, i thought it was a system thing initially so i completely formated my harddrive and started fresh . .. i still ge the same message .. i want to get started n need some help ..

You need to give much more information if you expect any help. What OS, what hardware exactly, what software, when are you getting the error, what exactly do you mean by "wipe your system", etc.

Ok so its installing your soundcard is where you get the problem? What is the message exactly? You've downloaded the latest drivers right?

Ok so its installing your soundcard is where you get the problem? What is the message exactly? You've downloaded the latest drivers right?

chamelious .. thanks for helping me . . yes you're right, ok so i try to install the soundcard and it seems to install, from the CD i got like 2 days ago, i have tried to install from the web with the same outcome, then it tells me to remove the usb from the computer then reconnect. I do this .. then it tells me to reboot .. so i do .. (i've done this over and over now) i reboot and it goes nowhere .. but eventually .. and this is the message you want is "This application has failed to start because MSVCR80.dll was not found..." I am stumped and frustrated because i have downloaded fixes as per forums, and reinstalled so it leads me to think it must be this sound card? what do you think? .. thanks again ..

Could be right if you've only just bought the soundcard and latest drivers don't fix the problem. Have you got in touch with the soundcards manufacturer technical support? If not, i'd do that asap.

You can download a copy of the "MSVCR80.dll" from several sources on the web. It is lost sometimes when you upgrade to SP3, without going through the SP2 upgrade first.

It is a relatively easy fix, and you should be back to installing your software in a just a few minutes.

You can download a copy of the "MSVCR80.dll" from several sources on the web. It is lost sometimes when you upgrade to SP3, without going through the SP2 upgrade first.

It is a relatively easy fix, and you should be back to installing your software in a just a few minutes.

+ 1

It's a bogus error. msvcr80.dll is a part of the .net runtime and I sincerely doubt that any audio driver or audio app uses .net. But placing the file in C:/Windows usually solves this error.

+ 1

It's a bogus error. msvcr80.dll is a part of the .net runtime and I sincerely doubt that any audio driver or audio app uses .net. But placing the file in C:/Windows usually solves this error.

I have at least a couple of apps that get really stupid when trying to get them installed, because they want .net for registration purposes. I think my Sony software does this, and I think my old Behringer software required it too.

I remember getting around some install issues by bypassing the auto install routine and going straight to the setup exec file.

I really appreciate your help ppl .. Chris .. i'm searching for a place to download this file and all i keep getting is forums discussing it or websites wanting to sell me some software .. i've been at this for hours now and i'm about to loose my mind, do you know where i can download the msvcr80.dll?
And if you or anyone could talk me through where to download to etc that would be great. I did install a webcam by the way to see if i had the same thing happen, this installed fine in the same usb slot.

Thanks again

I Googled it. WTF? :confused:

Corvette . .i kind of get that google is a great place to start and i really appreciate your help, but like i said, i'm kind of going in circle, that's why i'm asking "i'm searching for a place to download this file" so if you found that place, please narrow it down a little other than google, do you have a direct link? that's what i'm asking for, please share that location if you have one.

Thanks

Corvette . .i kind of get that google is a great place to start and i really appreciate your help, but like i said, i'm kind of going in circle, that's why i'm asking "i'm searching for a place to download this file" so if you found that place, please narrow it down a little other than google, do you have a direct link? that's what i'm asking for, please share that location if you have one.

Thanks
I did. Look above.

Corvette

Thakyou for your help and the link, i followed the instrutions and still have the same problems :confused: i'm about ready to jump out of the window .. When i type "regsvr32 msvcr.dll" in "Run" it says "specified module could not be found" .. :confused:

Corvette

Thakyou for your help and the link, i followed the instrutions and still have the same problems :confused: i'm about ready to jump out of the window .. When i type "regsvr32 msvcr.dll" in "Run" it says "specified module could not be found" .. :confused:
That's not exactly what the directions call for. Did you type CMD in run first?

Corvette

Just a guess but....

Maybe give it the full path? "regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\msvcr.dll"

Back