Help! Is it possible to just send a finished song to the computer and burn it? (788)

stpauler

I've been looking all over Tascam for an answer but no luck so far. I just want to record some stuff on the 788, plug a SCSI or USB cable to the 788 and to my puter and burn the song onto a CD (no mastering or fiddlin' around with it, just doing it as dry as the Sahara). (If that's not possible, any recommendations for Stand alone machines that can do that?)
Thanks,
josh

Yo St. Paul [That St. Pauli Beer is pretty good.]

I've seen CD units advertising, "record a CDR from any audio source.

When I burn a CDR or CDRW from my DAW 2816, I first have to put it into a stereo track -- then, after as much mastering as I can tolerate, it's a snap to burn the CD.

Now, if you had an Alesis Masterlink, or probably several other brands, you should be able to burn your CD direct IF you have stereo outs on your Tascam recorder, which I'm guessing you do.

I'm sure that someone else will give you more information as soon as the turkey disappears from the plate.

Green Hornet :D :cool:

with regards to the 788, you need the newest version. With it you can save as wave file or bit file ( im not a computer guy), and upload your disk onto the computer to do what you like so yes you can , you just need ver. 2.02

Back