Help in using Symphonic Orchestra as Stand Alone..

WERNER 1

Hey guys,... Not really sure where the best place to post this is,..so I just stuck it here and they can move it if it needs to be somewhere else :)

Basically I'm not much of a VSTi guy,..but I'm trying...:o I recently got Symphonic Orchestra Gold and was wanting to play around with it in Stand Alone mode, but can't seem to get any sound out of it.... Now I'm sure that this is just something as simple as a setting set wrong or something,...but I can't seem to figure it out .... can some one here who has experience with this software help me out a bit?? ....

Thanks in advance,
Rick

My friend just bought MOTU Symphonic Instrument, not sure if it was the Gold Edition, but he uses it as a VSTi through Reaper.

I don't know about standalone mode...have you tried it with a host that supports VSTi?

Do you have your MIDI keyboard hooked up? Find the settings and make sure everything in there is correct.

I'm using Sonar 6 PE,...and I do use a few other VSTi's in that ... at the moment my Midi Controler / Keyboard is out on loan for a few more weeks (Roland A80 )

I was just wanting to get this up and running so I could start programming and saving some patches to use for when I get back to recording... ... I mean I should be able to trigger the keys with my mouse and make sounds correct?

Thanks,
Rick

I didn't get to mess with it too much but I didn't see any kind of built-in triggers/piano in the program, so you will need another program that lets you send MIDI with your mouse/keyboard.

Reaper has a built-in Virtual MIDI keyboard that lets you do this, I don't know about Cubase. But it may be worth it just to install Reaper, use its keyboard to setup patches and whatnot, then uninstall it when you're done.

There are other VSTi host programs out there that I've used in the past but I can't remember their names.

Back