Help in getting this certain drum sound: (link)

It's a drum machine that you're trying to emulate.

Your clip is nowhere near what you're trying to get.

I really don't think that's a drum machine. Also I know its not close at all to what I have, because I posted the raw track drums I recorded.

I really don't think that's a drum machine. Also I know its not close at all to what I have, because I posted the raw track drums I recorded.

It is a drum machine, and raw or not, you won't come close with what you have recorded.

Hey dude, howzabout you post a section of the song that actually contains drums? That clip you posted has no drums until the vey end and I can't tell what's going on..

Hey dude, howzabout you post a section of the song that actually contains drums? That clip you posted has no drums until the vey end and I can't tell what's going on..

No, that's the thing. The "snare" that's going on all the way through (with the reversed sample coming out of the right side) is what he's talking about.

Well there are certainly no real drums in that clip he provided.

The "real" drums (probably samples) he posted in his other clip sound pretty cool though. He oughta forget this silly rap shit and play some rock. :D

Hah, thanks actually I am a rock drummer but I'm recording drum tracks for a rap album coming out which is trying to conserve old rock. Heres a clip of my track to the guy's song: http://www.supload.com/listen?s=JgG1ue

I just figured the techniques used to make the drums sound like that other track might be useful in some other parts of the album im doing. Thanks anyway though guys!

Well it's not "old rock" but IMO that track would sound far better with brighter hats, a nice dry piccolo crack, and a kick with more thump and less compressed click. Cool beat BTW.

Well it's not "old rock" but IMO that track would sound far better with brighter hats, a nice dry piccolo crack, and a kick with more thump and less compressed click. Cool beat BTW.

Smell's like Teen Spirit is now 18 years old. Define "old rock".:D

Back