Help! How to burn to CD?

tokion

I've made some songs on my Yamaha QY700 sequencer. How do I get these songs burned onto a CD-rom? (What's the best way to do it without losing sound quality?)

This is the equipment that I have...
Yamaha QY700 Sequencer
Fostex FD-8 Digital Multitrack Recorder (with digital in/outputs)
IBM (with internal soundcard)

Thanks.

Hello Tokion,

If you have a built in sound card, your only option would be to take the audio outputs (the Standard 1/4") of the Fd-8 into the audio line in on your Sound Card. Most likely you will need to step the outputs down from the 1/4" jacks to a stereo 1/8" (Headphone) style jack. Visit Radio shack or whatever you would call that in Tokyo. =). Then you will need some sort of a program that can convert the real time audio to .wav of .Mp3 files. I used to use a cheapo program that I got from a local computer store to make copies of some old cassettes that my parents had for them. Worked pretty well. You would start the .Wav file recorder, then start the FD-8 a playin. The you cpould burn this .wav of .mp3 file to a CD-R. Takes a little fiddling to work it out. The results should sound OK though depending on your efforts. That is how to make do with what you have.

Or you can buy a Stand alone burner with Optical inputs, or what most of us do get a Sound card for your PC that has these inputs or inputs that work best with your system.

Good Luck,

Fangar

Back