HELP!! How do I set up Delta-66 for Playback???

cheetah23

I'm sort of new on the digital recording scene, so I only purchased a cheap soundcard (Delta-66), but I'm unsure how to set it up for playback. there are four 1/4" outs on the remote I/O, but obviously I can't just stick headphones in them? what should I get, another mixer? how should everything be wired up?

P.S. I'm being hypothetical at this point, because I haven't actually installed the delta-66 yet

there are many ways. for example....
take stereo out od delta into line in of a home hi fi receiver
driving a pair of speakers. plug headphones into headphone jack
of receiver for monitoring while recording.
ive posted loads of tips on recording / set ups in past year. just search under my name . peace.

Ok, another quick question about Recording Programs

I understand that this question has been asked 1000 times, but I couldn't really find a perfect answer to my question in the sea of responses I read.

I'm recording with the delta-66, so I need a recording program which allows me to record 4 separate tracks at once in 24/96. Besides this, I don't need much. I don't need anything to do with midi, or sampling. I want EQ's, effects (basically just good reverb/echo/delay), compressor/expander/gates etc. and the obvious editing tools (fade in, fade out, cut, copy, etc.) I don't want to use any presets, so I need a program that will also give me the ability to customize everything (the way cool edit pro did) by showing graphs that may be manipulated, and giving a host of parameters that may be altered. On top of this, I need a simple mastering unit, and (not needed but would be nice) cd burning software. I know the expensive programs include all these things, but I feel like I'm paying for a bunch of stuff I'm never going to use. I have $300-$400 to spend (hopefully $300)

Anyone know what I mean????

i'm a computer engr . and i question why 24/96.
believe it or not your wasting a ton of disk space.
for a recording program...try the demo of what i use.
read the reviews etc etc.
i tried every program out there.
http://pgmusic.com/powertracks.htm
a lot of users use the delta with it.
you can go through the whole process from track laying thru
mixing, mastering , and doing a cd with it.
peace.

its been around for years. ive been a happy user for years.
if you want more references from users i can post lots if you wish.
just try it, and be surprised. keep an open mind....
and dont let the low price fool you.
also ive been loyal because the version upgrades are 29 bucks normally.
compared to hundreds for other programs.
by the way everyone initially asks the same question - why the low price...
i did as well.

Back