HELP!! hooking up phonic mixer..now sonar won't play

willow

damn computers!

i knew i was going to come across some issues, but this sucks!

i just got a new phonic helix 18 firewire and i loaded the drivers (in xp mc)

it comes with cubase le, but i did not load that. i tried figuring out how to get it going in sonar (4 prod) (i also just loaded adobe audition and wavelab last night)

anyway, all i remember changing is the drivers in sonar(audio) to asio

i'm not sure about firewire, control surfaces, inputs, drivers and all this stuff, but it couldn't be that hard?

please help me to get this going!!

why won't sonar play now? the tracks load and everything is functional, but it just won't play.

btw, does having several different audio programs loaded on your puter cause conflicts?

thanks

ok,

apparently sonar won't detect the mixer if you don't turn on the mixer first. others on this forum with the phonic have had the same problem.

i got everything looking good.. inputs in the tracks (tr.1) to phonic stereo ch.1

but when i arm to record i still get no signal. the mixer is picking up the signal, but it is not getting to sonar. it is probably something simple so please inform me of what i might be doing wrong.

also, sonar won't playback if the mixer is not turned on. how can i change that?

thanks

man, this is confusing!

i haven't got back on it, but hopefully i will figure out how to get the mixer going, but in the meantime...

i set the audio playback and record in control panel to phonic, but when the mixer is turned off, it reverts back to stock sound card. and sonar won't play (i don't mean i can't hear it, i mean it won't go into play. everything elase seems to function though) now i don't want to have to turn on the mixer everytime i want to work on editing, for example.

when mixer is off, there is no trace of the phonic drivers, inputs, etc.

my audition still plays when the mixer is off... what's up??

thanks

Back