Help! Got myself some monitors

cemyender

so, ive got some speakers called "boston acoustics" they're not ideal recording monitors and i were given them so im gonna try and use them. So basically how do i set them with my PC and mixer (yamaha mw12 usb)?????

Is there meant to be any software with it???
I cant get any sound out of them, (other than a hum).

Please answer in simple terms :rolleyes:

alotta boston's speakers aren't all that bad... they are usually acoustic suspension in design (which means they tend to be unhyped in the bottom) most are un powered so you'll need an amp...(a used reciever will suffice for now) do not hook directly to your sound card!!! bad news!!! a good chance you'll blow the output of your interface....

ah rite, il need to be plugging them into my mixer right?? theres 2 little speakers and a sub.

Thing is, they were originally for my PC, but that shouldn't matter right?
They are all conected to each other with one mini-jack coming out of the subwoofer. It will work yeh? Looks like i need a normal jack to go into my mixer but theres an "L" one and a "R" one. and i only got one jack. :o

With them being unpowered, what kinda amp would i need, a link would be very appreciaited.

please reply!

welll well... ya try to help someone explaining that most of hem are alright and of course they have the ones you were'nt talking about... i was assuming that these were the hi-fi types not the computer based stuff... in all likelyhood the sub contains the amp... and it can be run from the sound card... but do yourself a favor and lose them as soon as you can afford to... IMO good monitors are one of the first places people should spend money and somehow it's the last for alotta guys... how do you expect to know how your stuff sounds if the monitors are "questionable" at best...

was going to get some rk5's but stumbled across these and thought i could economise.

Just short of a lead methinks! :p

Back