help - file conversion!

paresh

hi - I'm not new but don't know where to post this. I recorded a presentation on my android tablet - the app records in MP3 format but when i uploaded it to google drive on my home computer, it's some other unidentified format. My audio editors don't recognize it. Windows media player will play it but I can't use it to edit & burn to CD. I tried dnloading an editing plug in but it didn't work. Is there some way to get this into MP3 so my audio editors will recognize it? It s a large file - 73MB. thanks!!

Google drive is not on your computer, transfer the file to your computer first, and see if your computer recognizes the format.

It seems that there is no usb or 3.5mm output on your tablet, and get why you uploaded your presentation to Google Drive and then downloaded to your pc.

After downloading file from Google Drive, what is the file extension?

I can connect my tablet to home computer but when i go to that drive in windows explorer, no folders show up. I did dnload the file from google drive but there is no file extension or any way to indicate what format it is when i right-click. I've never encountered this before . I am trying to get the MP3 now from the video team that filmed the presentation & if not then I'll use one of the converters mentioned above.

Is it video or audio? You wrote "filmed" so I'd expect MP4 or MOV instead of MP3.

If it's just the audio, does it play in Google Drive?

Windows may not recognize the file format without an extension, assuming it's not just hidden by Windows settings. Try just adding the .mp3 file extension to the name and see whether it is recognized as audio then.

Wow I added the extension & it worked! Thanks!!
And yes that was confusing - a film crew shot a video but I also recorded on the tablet for personal use.

Back