Help editing on cool edit pro 2

RenZA12

Well I'm a rapper and I'm using Cool edit pro 2.0 to record vocals to make songs but when I record my voice sounds bad quality compared to the beat. I don't know the term for it but how do I make the quality of the vocals sounds the same as the beat so it like goes with it if you know what i mean. I've tried to look for ways to edit or mix it but I just don't get why it's not working I use Samson CO1U mic by the way. If you think you can help please do also if if you need to hear it to find out the problem just email me and I will send the file to you to see if you can help

Well I'm a rapper and I'm using Cool edit pro 2.0 to record vocals to make songs but when I record my voice sounds bad quality compared to the beat. I don't know the term for it but how do I make the quality of the vocals sounds the same as the beat so it like goes with it if you know what i mean. I've tried to look for ways to edit or mix it but I just don't get why it's not working I use Samson CO1U mic by the way. If you think you can help please do also if if you need to hear it to find out the problem just email me and I will send the file to you to see if you can help

There are 3 possible issues here:

1.) Noise in your vocals - do you notice it, those hiss and pops?
2.) Your vocals are not mixed well with the rest of the music- this is an audio mixing issue.
3.) Distortion in your vocals- you have improperly recorded your vocals and that results to a lot of clipping.

I am not yet sure what is the cause if you need details, you can contact me and send me the file, I will load it up using Adobe Audition. Cheers.

Alright how can I send you the File? By the way do you want a raw file? Also I just need someone to show me how to do it. So for other songs I can do it myself.

Stick to reviewing cars Jeremy. You clearly know jack about DAWs (or writing English for that matter).

For RenZA12, a lot of people use SOUNDCLOUD for posting MP3 files on here. If you join, you can upload your file there.

The problem you'll have is that you have to have made at least 10 posts on this forum before posting links. If you look around in the Newbie section, there are a couple of threads in there where people just chat a bit to up their post count sufficiently.

The one thing I need to say though is that there's almost certainly no single "secret" anyone can tell you to improve your quality. It all starts with a good recording then some practice at using things like EQ and effects. I'm afraid there's no substitute for learning a bit about the technology and just practising and experimenting.

Bob

Well how am I supposed to learn if no one will teach me? Th at's what i was asking for someone to teach me how tom improve the quality even if it's when for recording.

Last edited:
Well how am I supposed to learn if no one will teach me? Th at's what i was asking for someone to teach me how tom improve the quality even if it's when for recording.

I`m no pro but try first noise reduction process, then deesser then click pop remover. After that hit with EQ but leave enough headroom on the track cuz when you add effects it can start clipping if you record and the leds are hitting past -18db i record everything to about -12db after you like the eq setting I notice that the echo effect in CEP adds that semi- pro sound if done right:drunk:

Back