Help Determine Asking Price for Mint Condition Yamaha Stage Custom

gtb

I'm looking to sell my Yamaha Stage Custom drum kit, and would like to ask for suggestions on asking price for the following items.

The drums were made in Indonesia around 2003 and they are in near perfect condition. The cymbals are used but only scratched on the surface, no hint of cracks anywhere on them.

I would like to sell the kit in the following 'blocks':

- Drum Kit Includes: (1) 22" Bass Drum with standard issue Yamaha Pedal, (2) 12" & 13" Rack Toms, (1) 16" Floor Tom, (1)14" Steel Snare, (1) Snare stand, (1) Hi-Hat stand, (1) Ride stand. All drums fitted with standard issue heads, and cymbals not included.
[drum kit details]
Model Number SFT-616
Series Stage Custom
Shell Material Birch/Mahogany/Falkata
Plys/Thickness 8
Shell Width 16"
Shell Depth 16"
Finishes Chestnut Stain, Forest Green, Sapphire Blue, Raven Black, Marina Green, Cranberry Red
Hoop Steel, Triple Flange
Lug Chrome/Single Hi-Tension

- One Pacific By DW DP402 Double Bass Drum Pedal (see an identical here: Pacific By DW DP402 Double Bass Drum Pedal | SamAsh ).

- Cymbals (without stands):
- 14" Zildjian A Custom New Beat Hi-Hats
- 18" Zildjian A Custom Medium Crash
- 8" A Custom Fast Splash
- 13" ZXT China

If you can suggest prices for these 'lots' I would appreciate your help very much. Pictures at the bottom:

Thank you!
gtb

pics:

gallery:
Yamaha Stage Custom Drum Kit

What are you thinking you can get for this kit? I have a feeling you are not going to be happy with what it is worth...

Sell the drums and cymbals seperately. The A customs have some decent resale value. Take a look what they are new, and maybe price them at 60% of that? I'm at work right now and its been awhile since I've gone cymbal shopping, but I'm recogning ay least $120 for each cymbal. The ZXT is shit, you won't get much for it. Maybe $50.

(btw there is no such thing as an A Custom New Beat. New Beats are of the regular A line. They're my favorite hi-hat, if I were to sell mine I'd price them at $150, if not higher)

The drums are basic entry/intermediate level drums from 10 years ago. Think they were in the $500-700 range back then. May be able to pull off $300-400 for them.

The PDP pedal won't be worth that much. Maybe $100? Maybe less. A brand new DW (real DW, that is) 5002 was about $350 last time I checked, and that was several years ago.

I always cringe when I browse craigslist and see an entry-mid level drum set with a few good cymbals and the person is asking $1000 $1500 or something . The used market is literally flooded with these types of Instruments.

Take what you paid and divide that by half, if your gear is in good shape there is your starting point......maybe, might be a little more but probably a little less. The better option is trading for something you might want.

Piecing out your good cymbals is your best bet .

As others are saying separate the cymbals and the kit. I think a fair asking price for the drums would be around 300 bucks. I will give you 100 bucks, sandwich, a massage. and a beer for the A customs!

Generally pro level gear tends to hold their value more. Those A customs could be sold maybe even up to 70% of their original value, but yeah, the drums themselves, at MOST half of what they were, but probably less.

I wouldn't personally pay more than $350 for that shell pack even in the shape it's in. I know that probably doesn't go over well. I know many who probably wouldn't even pay that.

The new beats: $120
A custom medium 18": somewhere like $150 if no keyholes or cracks.
8" custom fast splash: $50-60
13" china: $50

You get better mileage selling stands and cymbals separate and not as lots.

The new beats: $120
A custom medium 18": somewhere like $150 if no keyholes or cracks.

Think you have that backwards. Hi-hats are normally worth more than crashes, unless there's a huge size difference (talking like 12" - 20+").

For example, Musician's Friend has new 18" A Customs at 259.95, and new 14" New Beats at 339.95.

You can buy used new beats all day long at $120. If someone pays more they didn't shop very well.

I'm basing that on what I have seen them go for on ebay and craigslist. There is a set going for $140 locally and I'm willing to bet since they have been up for a month he wouldn't hesitate to take $120 if I offered it to him.

I have quick beats though so I'm not interested. haha

I'm gassing for the k session custom set. They sound so good, but finding them for a price I can go along with is a beeatch.

Back