Help choosing soundcard

Shoestring

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone could give me a hand. I have recently started worrking in sonar 3 and a good new computer(p4). I have been working with adats and pro audio 9 on an older computer. The delta 1010 looks like the interface for me, but it looks like it doesn,t have any adat ins/outs. Do you guys know of another card that has similar specs , but with adat ins/outs also? I would really like to keep the adats for mobile stuff. Thanks.

Bulls Hit said:
Pretty sure the e-mu 1212 has adats

Emu 1212M I/O Configuration:
- Two 1/4" Balanced Inputs
- 24-bit/192kHz ADAT In/Out (switchable to S/PDIF)
- 24-bit/96kHz S/PDIF In/Out (switchable to AES/EBU)
- MIDI In/Out
- Firewire® Interface

Studica.com has the best price on the Layla3G. If they have it in stock, you can order from them or you can have another place pricematch. Don't worry, you don't have to be a student for that particular product.

whattaguy, thanks for the price drop!! Hey deepwater, do you know anyone who has used the Tascam rack setup? I always kinda thought of Tascam as left behind with all the new technology, but I would certainly be willing to think about it. Thanks!!

No, I just came accross it. I know one thing and thats Tascam makes solid equipment so no worries there. Its their answer to the Digidesign 002R for half the price with the same features. I see me owning one of these very soon - maybe the FW-1884 with the DAW control surface.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FW1804/

* 18-in/12-out audio interface
* Records at up to 96kHz/24-bit
* Four balanced XLR / 1/4" TRS mic/line inputs with phantom power
* Four balanced 1/4" TRS line inputs
* 1/4" TRS insert jacks for channels 1-4
* S/PDIF and ADAT digital input and output
* Word clock in and out
* Balanced 1/4" TRS monitor outputs
* Headphone output with level control
* Two MIDI inputs and four MIDI outputs
* Assignable Footswitch jack
* Includes GigaStudio 3 LE
* Includes Steinberg Cubase LE 48-track 96kHz workstation software

I like the fact that the FW1804 has more mic pres, and seems to have lots more features for only a little more. It seemes like that one would allow me to get rid of my big board.

Nah, it just looks too cool!!

Well, I plan on making my decision this week, so I'll let you know

I guess if I sold two of my adats and the behringer board, I could afford that. I just prefer the extra routing for monitoring that the mixing board gives me

Back