help a newbie

peterochs

here's my gear:
Nord Lead II
Alesis SR-16
Korg Electribe drum module
guitar, audio ins, etc.

Acid 4, Cubase

Well I bought my Alesis when they were new so I've had it forever (surprised they still sell them but it's a pretty solid, simple little piece). I used to use it for fills and beats back when I was a college radio DJ doing a dance show, and we did some dances too.

ANYWAY, so my background is more in the audio based performance. I am a new-ish midi explorer, but I can trigger my Korg with my little Alesis, so I've got that figured out.

My brother hooked me up with copies of Acid and Cubase.

HERE IS THE HEART OF THE QUESTION>>>
I want to get a midi-to-PC adapter, with audio inputs too.
I am also soon getting some KRK V4 monitors.

I would like an all-in-one type device for
...getting midi interfaced with my PC for use with the Cubase/Acid sequencing etc.
...audio interface to direct record drumsounds, beats, rhythms, real-time jams off my Nord into Acid/Cubase, for sequencing of laid down audio tracks
...also an exterior module for hooking up the KRKs so I don't have to plug them in to the stoopid little 1/8 " headphone jack with a bunch of adapters

with a USB jack hookup

THIS FORUM LOOKS GREAT
I thank you all in advance

In general soundcards that also feature MIDI inputs and outputs are 3rd or 4th rate in quality sound.

Get a MIDIMAN 4x4 USB interface and something like a M-Audio Delta and you should be set for not a lot of money.

Back