hello...

the dairy giant

I did bad and posted a message in the wrong place :eek: :o

I have stuck it in the mp3 forum section...

If you want to know what the nice comments below are about, you'll have to go there i'm afraid... :cool:

Last edited:
Listening to "Coffe and Chocolate Milk" right now. It has a lot going for it. I'll write more after I've listened a dozen or so more times.

Nice stuff!

Don

FYI, you'll probably get more hits if you place your MP3's in the MP3 clinic section of this forum. They tend to be pretty strict about keeping threads in the right places...

You've obviously got some chops as both musician and engineer. The songwriting is very impressive. Both songs are very reminiscent of early Genesis. I liked Coffee better - it's really a great song. Very atmospheric arrangement - nice use of added 9's and suspensions. I like how the dissonant bridge section gets resolved. Reminds me of 'I Can't Own Her' and 'Easter Theater' by XTC from Apple Venus. From an engineering perspective, it really sounds full and rich. Maybe a trace of sibilance of the vocals, but I wouldn't change a thing.

I guess there are benefits from living so close to Neil Finn!!

I kind of like this thread where it is... though I may be the only one! Would be interesting to see some of the more experienced members see what they think

thanks everyone for the comments! (DC-XPL, I played with Neil Finn once, my 15 minutes of fame. He is a great guy).

I wondered about this being the right place to post this, but I was more or less specifically after info about the sound quality of the recorded acoustic sounds (vox and guitar), whether some more experienced ears could offer a fairly objective quality assesment... I was going to post a question about microphones & pres, but thought this might be a better way of doing it.

but maybe the mp3 forum is where this should have gone. This is just a quick response as I'm getting ready for work, but if the concesus is move it out of here, I'll do so tonight!!!

Sorry if any toes have been trodden on :)

thanks again

Back