Hello, My name is Johnny Cashless

Lord Target

Hi, Folks. I´m about to pay a tribute to this great singer w/ an acoustic duo that I have.

I recorded these vocals w/ a instrumental track from the you tube and I´m showing some people around to collect opinions about how alike it sounds.

By the way, I used a MXL 990 and a Presonus Bluetube V2 and a Behringer GEQ152F (band equalizer)

I´m aware that the vocal is upfront the track, but I left so in order the vocals be better analysed, though it woul´ be wrong in a final mix.

Thanx

https://soundcloud.com/lord-target/folsom-prison-blues

Last edited:
There are similarities in your voice and that of JC. Your accent is pretty obvious and you add "s" at the end of words where it does not belong. I also notice you can't hit those really low notes which is pretty much a must have to sound like JC. Good pitch and tone overall, just work on accent, and low notes...

There are similarities in your voice and that of JC. Your accent is pretty obvious and you add "s" at the end of words where it does not belong. I also notice you can't hit those really low notes which is pretty much a must have to sound like JC. Good pitch and tone overall, just work on accent, and low notes...

Thanx man. I can hear you. It´s pretty obvious for those who english is a native language. And I recorded in a such hurry that I was reckless regarding the spelling and stuff. But my main concern was the tone.

And the low notes are really hard to reach. I havent put effort on it, so I kind of made a way round them.

Back