Hello Everyone

born2record

My name is Jeff, I'm a recording geek! A friend of mine, Chris Shaeffer is always on this site, so I though I would join as well,. I am a semi retired producer, Howver I still have a huge home studio. It a 1500 sq foot studio which houses a neve 8108 console, 2" analog, protools ,diaxis, sonic solutions etc. I still do a lot of mixing for major and indy lables as well as post for video. Here's my web site,,,, www.lafayettestudio.com I love talking about gear, so if you all ever have any questions feel free to email or post me!
Jeff

Jeff!!! :cool:

Welcome aboard!!

Isn't it silly that I should be welcoming you to a BBS on recording? :)

If anyone else is reading this thread, I met Jeff when he was...17? 18? 19? and he helped me record my first demo. He introduced me to what "sound quality" could be and sent me off on a journey of perfecting home recording techniques that I continue to this very day. We've both come a quite a ways from the days of drywall iso "booths" and SM58's into Tascam 4 tracks, but he blew me away then and he quite blows me away now.

Glad to have you here, Jeff!

Take care,
Chris

I've still got 58's and drywall! and ironically a 4 track,,,, it's the coolest thing it's 1" at 30 ips, but it's a 4 track! by the way,,, notice I didn't change your quote? I was going to put something witty, but I decided not too! Hay I've got a mix on ebay! Put it up there an hour ago and I already have 3 emails from it! Ebay rules my life!
Later on!

born2record said:

We need to get you some real equipment.

Then we need to get you a real studio with like good accoustics, maybe a nice console or something like that. :D Yup, we're gonna' start you off with a Mackie board, maybe a soundblaster to go with it. We'll get you up to speed in no time.

Hmmm... I just noticed that you've rearranged since I was at the studio last.

Maybe its the Neve? :) I did notice though, that you moved the screen for the Mac. I wondered how you could stand looking at the screen off to the side a recessed the way it was before. Looked great, but I got a crick in my neck just looking at it. :)

Ah, I never though I'd want to get back the Lafayette for any reason, but I might have to come visit one of these days. Your space sure beats mine, that's for sure. I have a small pic of it up at www.chrisshaeffer.com/recording.htm. I've never mentioned that I had a pic up there, did I?

That's um...studio "A". Studio "B" is my bedroom. :D Studio "C" is down by the creek in the redwoods right outside the doors of both "A" and "B." "C" has a ton of bleed from the babbling creek and the wind through the redwoods....

:cool:

-C

thats cool,,, yea finally broke down and got a new monitor,, Headaches are going away so I gues it was worth the 300.
Gotta watch that water noise,,,,, My dog pookie is on more records than elvis! Studio looks good,,, see the 002 there,,, I've noticed not many folks on this board use protools! I find that wierd!
Well later on

Yeah- and the tracking room next to the aforementioned Studio "A" has a closet with a LOUD server in it!!! First thing I did upon arriving on site was plot the silencing of the server...so far so good, but I still have a ways to go (and very little money to devote to soundproofing.)

And while I have your attention, I looked at the gear for sale on your website, and...

If you haven't sold it already, I'd LOVE to take that patch bay off your hands and 2-4 8 channel snakes, maybe some other random cabling, too. I'll have to count all the connections I need, but I'm getting pretty d@mn tired of trying to crawl around behind that Soundtrax board. I have to hit the hay now, and will be busy all weekend, but I'll get in touch with you about that monday if I can find you. :)

Take care,
Chris

(And give my love to Adam and 'Schell. She won't kill you if I have any say in the matter!!!)

Chris Shaeffer said:
Jeff!!! :cool:

Welcome aboard!!

Isn't it silly that I should be welcoming you to a BBS on recording? :)

If anyone else is reading this thread, I met Jeff when he was...17? 18? 19? and he helped me record my first demo. He introduced me to what "sound quality" could be and sent me off on a journey of perfecting home recording techniques that I continue to this very day. We've both come a quite a ways from the days of drywall iso "booths" and SM58's into Tascam 4 tracks, but he blew me away then and he quite blows me away now.

Glad to have you here, Jeff!

Take care,
Chris

What an extremely cool
(oops:rolleyes:
...turn of events.
Wellcome. :)
Wayne

Back