Hello All?

Dr.Cool

No Hello?

Im new to this here forum so I suppose i might as well say Hello. My Question is this: I currently own a Fostex X-12 four track and ive had it for about a year. I've some recordings and good memories with it and i thouroughly enjoy using it. However, i am starting to take recording more seriously and am looking at buying the MR-8HD. I also Have ACID on my computer and use that as well to record. However the recordings I make on the computer are of less than satisfactory quality due to the fact that I don't have an interface.I think using this digital equipment has led me to feel that the Four Track had become almost subpar. At least in that it complicates puting music onto a cd. Any suggestions or insights are welcomed.

Last edited:
Dr.Cool said:
I currently own a Fostex X-12 four track and ive had it for about a year. However, i am starting to take recording more seriously and am looking at buying the MR-8HD.

Starting off with a Digital recorder, then moving to a PC would be much easier and better with the MR8HD. Starting with a cassette isn't the best way to go for a few reasons. Using a good quality digital recorder you should have some excellent recordings to start with and you can edit/process/burn on your PC.

By the way, the MR8HD is NOT the MR8. It uses a HardDisk for storage, not a memory card (about 40gig of memory space). Plus it has extra XLR inputs, and phantom power for Condensor mics...

yeah, im pretty stingent when it comes to sound quality and that is one area where the four track really leaves room for improvment. and the editing features in a digital eight track are indespesible as well.

Back