Heavy stuff...Thoughts?

Amorican

Indeed it is heavy...at a real soul searching period in my life.....my hearts broken, wife and I splitting up, back at a place I hate, no direction...but I have music....the only thing that keeps my head up...music saves me....

I guess a true artist must suffer...that's why I'm here, born to only do this...I really feel my life is meant for music...So it brings us to my 2 new songs I want some thoughts on...It's pure raw emotion and drive and soul in these...I wear my heart on my sleeve, as always....

"No More Burden" & "I Guess I'll Be On My Way"...I worked hard and have almost 2 more in the can...it's just pouring out of me....Thoughts on production, performance, songs, everything...I need to hear the ugly to advance right? I have only recently been working so hard to find MY voice--I'm kinda still new to singing...I worked hard....try everyday, but let me know how it all is...the whole deal....

Peace & Good Things to yall ! :cool:

http://www.myspace.com/tonynash

http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/...b=dashboard&subnav=account_messages#/tonynash

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tony-Nash/134543486566684?v=wall

Become a fan if you want ! .... pretty please...

Last edited:
Fixed! Sorry about that...and the songs are up at myspace but sometimes the site messes up and it comes up empty...gotta refresh or go to other site...

RN link worked for me on the first try. Might be a caching issue speak?

Listening to I Guess I'll Be On My Way. The vocals are a little inconsistent volume wise.

I like the distorted, guitar stings.

The bongos with the heavy reverb are an interesting touch. They sound cool, but some more conventional percussion might help hold things together and drive them forward? The bongos fade in and out volume wise too.

Pretty good song. It sucks that life's not going too well right now, but at least your channeling it into something positive with your music.

Hmm, seems to be a safari issue. Works fine in FF. Whatever.
No more burden. Definitely my favourite of the two. Good, as a song and mixwise. I mean 3:17 on, very cool. Percussion fits the song very well, solo guitar is well placed, as are the vocals. I guess my main issue would be bass definition. It's not always clear what it's doing exactly, partly maybe because your percussion is very bass heavy at times. Last but not least: when I heard the organ at the end I was wondering where it had been during the rest of the song. Going back I could hear it here and there, but way too little imo, it's buried.
Guess I'll be... Voice is a bit buried at first. Bass is in the background again. So is your percussion this time, the rhythm guitar seems to be driving the louder parts, I'm not sure if that's what you want? All the guitars play well together, that I like.
Anyway, I hope you find something to cheer you up soon. "A true artist must suffer" might just turn into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Hey thank you everyone ! Really means a lot to me...Some of the things you guys pointed out I was tryin' to go for those things...but I will also try to balance it more in the future...I am pretty proud of these songs so I am thinking of getting them on cd along with a few more and having a demo or album, or something....

And I am very conflicted because the self fullfilling prophecy thing is true, most likely....*sigh*...I just don't get "life" sometimes...but hey were all here on this planet together, going through shit...gotta look out for each other

Hmmm...I see...good advice man.

BTW, I record in a basement and have one main recording room and a bar through a door where my equipment is set up--really cool set up and great sounds, it def gives the music a vibe somehow...thats out of my control but a great addition...

It is like therapy for me to spend all night and day recording and the whole process of it and then getting these songs out....very creavtive, satisfying, and i def think my songwriting and skills have been uped a notch...good to see

I Guess I'll Be on My Way - Sounds pretty good. I agree with vocals being inconsistent in volume.

No Burden - Vocals are a bit pitchy. I like the percussion. Has a Stone Temple Pilots feel.

Otherwise, everything is well written. Good job :D

Thank you very much, really!

The pain in these and the other songs coming that I am writing is ALL to real...it's hard to even get through the day....god.....i wish it wasn't this way....

Working on another two songs that are some of the best & most artistic thing I've ever done -- I am very proud...just cutting some tracks now--will be up soon ... "Autumn" & "Forget Your Gold" on their way !

Hey everyone else -- give "No More Burden" & "I Guess I'll Be On My Way" another listen ! Yall are witnessing a train wreck ! hehe :drunk: :confused: :(

"AUTUMN" & "FORGET YOUR GOLD" now up ! Please listen.....drained the life and soul out of me.....kinda like life......

No more Burden and Guess I'll be on My Way have a Neil Young Zuma vibe to me. My little brother would probably love these. The vocals are kind of all over the place as far as volume goes, but not in a "I'm adding dynamics" way. It was hard to understand the lyrics at times, it was so low. Very cool stuff you have though. Really makes me want to get some recording done, as soon as we get things all set up...

Thanks man! And I am REALLY glad I could inspire you! Rock on with that and let me know when you get some stuff down!

Really dig No More Burden, I'd love to hear a big band version of it, kind of like STP or AIC.

Hold your head high and see this period of your life as another stepping stone to whatever......just keep making music and your soul will thank you for it.
:)

Back