heavy instrumental guitar tune in D minor

Trichter

Hello everybody,
the title says it all. Some exercises from alternate to sweep picking turned into an instrumental metal song.
Enjoy ;)

Some very interesting recording techniques employed. The l-r switching lends a pulse like impact to the piece. How did you accomplish that? Manually, that represents a shit ton of work.

Nice usage also of stereo chorusing.

It's not quite a tune one can hum along with, but from a recording perspective, I found it technically intriguing what you accomplished.

Thanks for the feedback. (y)

I am not exactly sure what you mean by "l-r switching".
My recording setup is rather simple.
Everything recorded in mono from a Line6 PodGo (guitar) or Digitech Bandcreator (base, drums) into a Tascam DP-24SD.
The rhythm guitar is double tracked with different amp models and panned left/right.
Mastering done fully automatic with the open source tool matchering:

Hope that helps. :-)

Thanks for the feedback. (y)

I am not exactly sure what you mean by "l-r switching".
My recording setup is rather simple.
Everything recorded in mono from a Line6 PodGo (guitar) or Digitech Bandcreator (base, drums) into a Tascam DP-24SD.
The rhythm guitar is double tracked with different amp models and panned left/right.
Mastering done fully automatic with the open source tool matchering:

Hope that helps. :-)
There's kind of a "pulsing" created as the notes picked seem to go l to r almost note by note.
I could hear when you double tracked the rhythm ... but it was the pulsing effect that intriqued me.

I see. But I am afraid that "pulsing" is just a result of me playing the rhythm guitar not perfectly on time. :D
I've noticed that sometimes when not playing perfectly on time, a doubled track that is panned left/right can give the impression of constantly changing from left to right and back, depending on what track is a bit too early or too late.

I see. But I am afraid that "pulsing" is just a result of me playing the rhythm guitar not perfectly on time. :D
I've noticed that sometimes when not playing perfectly on time, a doubled track that is panned left/right can give the impression of constantly changing from left to right and back, depending on what track is a bit too early or too late.
That is so, but the effect is VERY cool. Now I get "how you did it".

I call such things "happy accidents".

:D

Back