Heavy distortion.

kgoedman

Okay. I just set up my recording setup today and ran into a problem.
Right now it looks like this:

Lakewood D1 with Fishman Natural 1 -> Audiobuddy -> laptop

Shure SM58 -> Audiobuddy -> laptop

Here is the problem:
I was doing just a few 20 second clips to see if everything sounded crisp, clear, etc.
My voice, when recorded by itself, sounds excellent. No additional noise.
My guitar, however, sounded like it was heavily distorted.
Any ideas why this is the case?

F_cksia said:
can you post that 20-sec clip?
i'm working on finding a place.
it seems, from the advice i have gotten other places, that the line-in on my laptop just can't handle the incoming. when i try to change my volume setting, it won't let me access the 'advanced contols' because it says my soundcard doesnt support it.
this is so fucking frustrating

The soundcard is central to computer recording. It's like the central nervous system of the whole operation. If it doesn't work, then *nothing* works.

What's the soundcard in your laptop?

ps I spent a week in Boulder, before you were born, maybe. I really enjoyed it. Is Boulder Beer still made?

dobro said:
The soundcard is central to computer recording. It's like the central nervous system of the whole operation. If it doesn't work, then *nothing* works.

What's the soundcard in your laptop?

ps I spent a week in Boulder, before you were born, maybe. I really enjoyed it. Is Boulder Beer still made?
not sure about Boulder Beer...but we do have Fat Tire and Singletrack which are quite tasty.

Not sure what soundcard I have. I have a Sony Vaio. But some other kids, from other sites, have told me the same things. The line in on my computer cant handle the input level of my guitar.

Back