Heavily modified TnC ACM-6802T (peluso, amperex, tab-funkenwerk), Ampex MX10

Hello All,

I'm sure many of you remember our [in]famous group buy of chinese mics and preamps and things. I have for sale one of the ACM-6802T tube LDCs that has been modified to the point that i think the enclosure is the only "stock part". I installed a peluso PK47 capsule, then sent it off to our very own Marik to install a Tab-Funkenwerk BV308 transformer (low profile BV8), supply a NOS EF86, and some other mods. Here's an exerpt from his email to me:

Marik said:
Here is the list what I did:

Installed Oliver's transformer.
Rewired the socket for EF86.
Optimized all the bias points and circuit for the new tube.
Turned the tube around for the shortest possible signal path.
Re-engineered the circuit to eliminate input capacitor.
Adjusted capsule bias voltage for 60V--much more appropriate for the PK-47.
Adjusted PSU for the tight pattern control and adjusted the filament voltage for the tube.
I used high quality Wima and Nichicon Muse capacitors in crucial signal path.

All in, I've got somewhere between 750-1000 dollars in parts and labor in this thing. Also included: flight case, PSU, shock mount, wind screen, 7-pin cable, IEC power cable for PSU. $650 takes it home.

I also have a 1960s Ampex MX-10 Tube Mixer. All original except for 3 prong power cord I had wired in for safety. Very good condition, original knobs are still on there (i know a lot of these have had the knobs pilfered and replaced). $1350 plus actual shipping price.

Thanks for checking my stuff out everyone!

i'm not going to suggest that you give in to said temptation, but it really is a great sounding mic. i just don't record at home anymore and the studios i work in are all stocked with mics that cover the same territory.

I'm real close but I think I may sit on the side lines for a while.
I just purchased a lot of gear this past week - possibly in a week or two but I'm sure it may be gone by then. :(

you know it just occurred to me anyway that i cant even ship this mic till after this weekend. i tracked a vocal session with it last weekend and we need to fix a few things at the session this saturday, so i'd really better use the same mic! Let's talk next week and perhaps you'll be ready to take this off my hands.

ok, session went great and it's time to sell this mic. please help me finish building my new guitar. can't do it till this mic goes!

Back