Heat shrink tubing questions

scodu

I need to tap into the knowledge of the more experianced Home Rec'ers on this subject.

I am building my own interconnect cables for my studio and I am in need of shrink tubing.

First of all I would like to find this stuff locally (Chicago) and can't find anyone who stocks more then small packs. The packs i'm finding contain 6-4" tubes/pieces. I have tried Home Depot, ACE and Electronic supply stores. I can't find it in bulk anywhere, or I'm just looking in all the wrong places. Any suggestions on where I should look next?

Also I'm finding lots of different specs on this stuff. Some of it has very high shrink temps and I think I would end up melting insulation that I didn't intend too. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should be looking for?

And any other info you have concerning this little project would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

Heat Shrink Tubing

Also try www.alliedelec.com (Allied Electronics). You may want to stay away from the rigid stuff because it has a higher shrink temp ; and if your going with multi- conductor cable, look at white or yellow colored heat shrink as it is easily marked.

Andy

Back