headphones

jonhall5446

I use an AT headphone. I can't recall the model but it's about a forty dollar deal. I have two sets one of which I have used almost everyday for the past two years and cranked up to full volume. If you need anything at a budget price that is durable look at Audio Technica products. I use a variety of their stuff all over the studio and they all sound GREAT!

jonhall5446 said:
I have two sets one of which I have used almost everyday for the past two years and cranked up to full volume.
That's not very smart.... you'll have NO hearing left in no time........

Well, the earslpitting volume is really for my drummer. It is hard to get the volume over the drums. I wear earplugs and then the headphones over that. Any suggestions for my deaf drummer?

When I track inst. I like to mute the inst. that I am tracking. There always seems to be a bit of a delay and I don't like hearing the echo.

Well - they're YOUR ears.... do what you like...

...but you won't be so flippant about it in a few years when at the very least you have an unceasing ringing and at worse, go completely deaf... either way any semblance of musical involvement you had will be crippled after that happens!

I understand what you are saying about the drums and I love my hearing, but a question about standard studio practice...

When tracking something quiet, let's say an acoustic guitar. Is it standard practice to listen to your guitar in the monitors, or do you do it like vocals with a one ear in, one ear out kind of deal?

Depends on the artist and what they're comfortable doing, but for the most part, tracking is occuring solely by listening to a headphone feed.

Back