Headphone suggestions

little guy

well, here's my plan.... Presonus Firepod into the Presonus HP4 headphone amp. so i'm looking for some headphones (4) that are good enough for a musician/vocalist to use to hear themselves and perform in the studio. anyone who's watched a vocalist sing with bad headphones knows the nightmares.

any suggestions???

i have a pair of sennheiser HD25's and really like them. they are very comfortable for long periods, have a good sound with very little leakage. the only bitch is the cable - very short. that could be extended, though.

hehehe, maybe i should have mentioned.. there is a budget... ummm and i'm looking to buy 4...

also i understand u get what u pay for.

I have a pair of Koss Pro 4AA's that kick ass. I don't know about using them for recording, all I use them for is to pump Sam & Dave and Fats Domino into my skull at unsafe levels. Very comfortable. Very nice sound.

I did a session today using Fostex T20 headphones, or maybe they were T40's. I can't remember exactly, but it was one or the other. They were fine and I don't think are all that expensive. I really don't think you want to give the "talent" super-expensive headphones anyway, as they tend to get trashed easily.

jalbert said:
I have a pair of Koss Pro 4AA's that kick ass. I don't know about using them for recording, all I use them for is to pump Sam & Dave and Fats Domino into my skull at unsafe levels. Very comfortable. Very nice sound.

I have these as well as HD280. The highend on the Koss's are more detailed, but the HD280 has a much tighter bottom end. Both great headphones. I would probably go with the HD280's if I had to choose just one because of the better isolation and slightly lighter, more comfy weight.

Sennheiser HD200. http://www.hifibitz.co.uk/product.asp?id=360&aid=50004

I have these, they have lasted me three years and are still totally fine. They are closed back so they stick to your head and dont budge which is alwasy good for studio work. They sound really clear and can take quite a bit of volume also without loss of sound quality. They are also pretty cheap and well worth the money.
You can probably get them cheaper than on the link if you look around.

Back