Headphone recommendations

digit

I need something better quality and more durable for mixing and mastering.
I use headphones exclusively to mix with and want to upgrade from the Korgs I currently use.
Any recommendations?

..not sennheizer though...

I'd recommend not using headphones to mix with. Get yourself a pair of nearfield monitors to mix with. Other than that, how much do you want to spend?

That's what everybody says but I tend to disagree.
I've been using headphones in the studio for 20 years so it's what I'm used to.

Price wise, I'm willing to go up to about $500 but they need to not only sound good but be durable enough to stand up to daily use.
(I've been going through Korg and Sennheiser headphones at a rate of about 1 new pair every 6 months or so cause they just fall apart.)

$500 for headphones is WAY out of my league...... :)

have you tried Sony MDR7506's?......

frankly im just finding it hard to believe that you were getting a good sound out of a headphone that just falls apart after 6 months......Ive got WalMart headphones that last longer........

I just picked up a pair of Philips headphones from Target yesterday to temporarily replace my good ones that I accidentally destroyed.

I LOVE them. The sound is mediocre to good, but the best thing is the comfort and isolation. The part that touches your head is a very soft fabric and the fit is just wonderfull. They also have a 20' cord and a volume control on the cord, which is kind of nice. A little "midrangy" but otherwise $20 well spent!

Just watch that when you choose a pair of headphones that the bass isnt boosted, as some headphones have extra bass to give a more pleasurable listen. Not good for mixing, not accurate so pointless.

Back