headphone amp

Gianthands

i am currently running my headphone feed into an amp, which then feeds a box with two headphone outputs for the control room...this box then chains itself to another 5 headphone box in the live studio.....

The amp I have has been lent to me and is very noisy....
I have been contemplating buying some sort of headphone distirbution amp rack....ideally I would like more than five headphones for the live room.....and at least two for the control room......anyone care to share their experiences with different brands etc.......also the best way to link the two boxes??

Oz Audio HD-4 - very nice 4-can distribution - high-powered and clean. They also have a 6-can version (HD-6) I believe. Check out their website...

Bruce

Not much more to say (see Behringer thread) but the HA4400 4 channel headphone amp is pretty well built, and has features not found on the Samson Q5, like the ability to mute either channel. I took a look in all the usual places to see what the HA4400s are going for, but couldn't find them anywhere. Perhaps they've been discontinued.

(Takes another look at your original post) The Q5 has the ability to be chained (to other Q5s presumably - don't know what would happen if you mixed different amps; nothing bad, most probably - as I think the sigs are at line-level at that point...)

Good Luck!

- Wil

Back