Head and the heart Cover

David Andrew

Hey I am a newbie so here is an early attempt at recording my own demo's. Please give me some feed back good or bad I very open to critics and don't get butt hurt. Honesty is always best imo. BTW I am the singer/rhtym guitar player.

Guitars: Rthym=Epiphone Masterbuilt Lead=Seagull artist Cheap harp

Mic=Oktavia 319
Interface=Apogee Duet
Apple comp using garageband.

https://soundcloud.com/meandthecity/head-and-the-heart-cover-down

Thanks so much

David Matus
Me & the city Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos

Good performance. Not familiar with the song, but I like the it and how you covered it.

I hear lots of extraneous noises. Seat creaks, guitar pick ckicks, lip smacks, room noise, etc. I think you might have the vocal compressor running too hard.

Not enjoying the panning scheme too much. Throughout the song, it feels unbalanced. One guitar is in the center and the other is to one side. I like symmetry, so you need something to balance the guitar on the side. The harmonica isn't fulltime, so it's not a good choice. I suggest each guitar to a side, the harmonica and vox up the middle. They aren't set in stone, so if you need to change panning mid-song, you can do so.

Welcome to the site. Look forward to hearing more from ya.

Wow thank you very much for the feedback.

I will go back to the drawing board I just recorded it and started working on it yesterday. I haven't really started editing it but I did pan it how I thought it sounded good. I do understand what you are saying about the pan I thought it sounded off just couldn't figure out exactly how to pan the guitars so it sounded full and together. Everything is one track other than the vocals which is just the same track duplicate and mixed a little different.

Thank you so much this is going to help me so much.

Sounds great man! Who is this song done by originally? Down by the River? Great song. Reminds me of Ryan Adams kind of.

Thank you, its originally by The Head and the heart (mine version is quite different). They are a great band. I really appreciate the feedback. BTW I love Ryan Adams.

I hope to have a new mix this weekend.

Back