HD24 v1.18 OS Update - DON'T USE

Blue Bear Sound

Alesis just posted an HD24 update on Saturday - v1.18 - it fixes some critical bugs that I've encountered.... unfortunately, the file appears to be corrupt - myself and a few others are getting Invalid File Format errors upon trying apply the update to the HD24.

I've reported the issue to Alesis, but for now, don't bother trying to use the file.

Thanks Bruce. I just did all the updates they had to offer a few months ago, vainly hopeing that it would make my BRC play nice with the HD24 (but no dice). What bugs is it supposed to fix?

From the Release Notes.... pretty critical fixes (if they really are fixed, I know my use of the BRC with the HD24 will be immensely more usable!)

I was encountering bug #1 quite frequently when using the BRC...... so much so that I gave up using it for sessions involving significant punches......

Attachments

• v1.18Fixes.jpg
    v1.18Fixes.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 76
UPDATE --

After bandying about with Alesis tech support, they finally admitted that the posted file didn't work via Ethernet update, (it only worked when updating via Midi.) They kept giving me the "it works here" answer until I provided evidence from the HD24 user group that showed otherwise..... :rolleyes:

In any case, they've now fixed the file so the OS 1.18 update at the download site is available and correct.

http://www.alesis.com/downloads/software/HD24/index.html

Back