HD24 replacement?

Disco_Dave

I'm just wondering if anyone here knows whether Alesis are planning to release a new or improved HD24 in the near future? The reason for asking is that the place I buy my gear (Digital Village) seem to keep dropping the price of the HD24, it's down to £999 which is the cheapest I have seen it anywhere, and is the cheapest I have seen any comparable multi track.

It's making me think of buying one, but i'm worried that the price is low because they are about to be replaced....?

Maybe it's just my suspicious nature.

Yo Dave of Disco:

Everything is replaced sooner or later. Yamaha is great at doing this. I don't know how many synths and Stage pianos Yam makes but it's a gaggle.

Likewise with other companies. In the case of Alesis, I've read on this forum that the company was in financial trouble but haven't heard much more since then. Another Enron?

If you like the 24 and the price is right, go for it. But, as always, something better will ease over the horizon eventually via one company or another.

I use the Yam 2816 and it's a great SIAB, complete with on-board CD burning. But, I'm sure that Yam will put something out in a few months or about 90 days that will do even better.

Cheers,

Green Hornet

:D :p :D

Very true....in my line of business we see it all the time.

I can't really afford the 24 at the moment (even at the reduced price) but it sure is tugging at my wallet.

Bit likie buying a house....your always thinking, next year it might be worth 5k less....you could still be thinking like that in twenty years time!

There is a 96k version out now, as well as a 96k hardware upgrade for the original model.

Back