Hd24/brc

Reel Recording

I had a good discussion with deepwater this weekend about the HD24, and his success using the BRC with his HD24.. However upon talking to a friend here that has the same set up, he can't get his BRC to do set locate, or even arm and disarm the tracks. Is it a BRC software issue, maybe too old of software in his BRC? Anybody else have this problem?

I believe it is a firmware thing with the HD24 itself. I don't think the first couple firmwares for the HD24's supported BRC's. you should look on the Alesis website through their firmware updates. That may clear a few things up:)

It also depends on the vintage of the BRC. Mine plays reasonably well together after all the firmware upgrades.

Can the BRC select and find locate points????

Thats my big annoyance with the LRC...... and not being able to arm and disarm tracks.

-mike

Mine will do locate points, arm/disarm tracks, all the basic stuff you'd want a remote control to do. It's the advanced functions that it does with tape based ADATs that it WON'T do with the HD24 (copy/cut/paste stuff).

Track Rat said:
Mine will do locate points, arm/disarm tracks, all the basic stuff you'd want a remote control to do. It's the advanced functions that it does with tape based ADATs that it WON'T do with the HD24 (copy/cut/paste stuff).
Yup - same here, and I'm two versions down of the latest BRC firmware...

Sweet.

I'm going to have to spring for one sometime soon.

BTW ......... how long of a cord can the remotes work with??

I'm LOVING the HD24 so far.
The tape based (i.e. linear, non-virtual track) is working very well for me so far and the simultaneous inputting (compared to my VS880) is so freeing.
Its amazing how quickly you can fill up 24 tracks.

Now I just have to get the recordable automation going on my DA-7.

Thanks

-mike

Back