HD 24s

dogooder

made me laugh. Is he still using it? I am thinking of hooking all my stuff back up. I have all decent outboard equipment but haven't recorded anything in quite a while.

RRuskin

Rick Ruskin
I still have one and use it for quick & dirty monitoring from my computer or if I've used all 24 tracks on my RADAR 24 and need 2 tracks to mix. I'm all right with the sound but I hate doing production on it alone because the BRC sucks as a controller.

dogooder

I have a couple of Yamaha O2r boards to run with it. Light pipe connections with adat cards in the board. I was usually running around 8 to 10 mics at a time. Now it's just me.

bouldersoundguy

<div><p>&nbsp;</p></div>
I use mine for occasional live recording. It's nice not having to deal with a computer, no monitor/keyboard/mouse, and you can stack other stuff (like a mixer) on it. I don't use it for anything else. I even got a Firewire 400/800 PCIe card for my modern computer to make transfers easy.

dogooder

I lived in Bolder for awhile back in the 80s. We, as a band rented like a million dollar house on Toedtli Drive. (Spelling?, it has been a few years.) What a scene that was. Stories like "Night of the Living Bed." The neighbors are probably still talking about us lol.

bouldersoundguy

<div><p>&nbsp;</p></div>
I lived in Bolder for awhile back in the 80s. We, as a band rented like a million dollar house on Toedtli Drive. (Spelling?, it has been a few years.) What a scene that was. Stories like "Night of the Living Bed." The neighbors are probably still talking about us lol.

That's actually the right spelling. I hadn't heard of that street, probably because it's kind of short and I don't go into that neighborhood much. What was the band? I might actually have heard of it.

kayak

I've had one for about 10 years. Just bought a second one this weekend; want to see if I can link them to make a 48 track recorder.

RRuskin

Rick Ruskin
I've had one for about 10 years. Just bought a second one this weekend; want to see if I can link them to make a 48 track recorder.

I'm pretty sure you can but don't know the lash-up or protocol. The info is probably online. Ask the HD24 users group.