HD 24 Firewire

Henri Devill

Whats the lowdown on the Firewire interface..How well does it work?Is it a good and easy way to get back and forth..Talk to me like Im a computer moron..sadly, because I am :D

The Fireport is an essential tool, IMO, for using the HD24 with a DAW.... it isn't an Firewire interface for the HD24 directly though -- it's an interface for the HD24-formatted hard disks (ie, you connect one of the hard disks to your DAW with the Fireport, not the HD24 directly.)

There's s/w that comes with it to move stuff to/from the hard disk and your DAW.

I use the Alesis FirePort with my HD24. It will transfer a 4 minute, 24 track song in about 2 minutes or less. I concur with Bear, it's essential.

Thanks guys!sounds like a pretty good way to go..Once you transfere do you use a different program to edit etc? Does it "edit" on the HD24 drive {in the port} or is it a "complete" transfere to the computers drive..Hows the sofware{Alesis} any issues? Sorry for the dumb questions..LOL..Thanks guys! :)

No issues with the s/w, at least I haven't had any so far!

You edit with any audio editing s/w - I use Cubase and Sound Forge myself. The Fireport s/w is strictly a transfer mechanism not unlike an FTP program.

Back