Having trouble recording from an analogue 4 track to computer

I've got guitars and a drum machine and I've recorded songs onto my new 4 track (A Fostex X-24) and I wanted to record them straight onto my computer, as a .wav file, however if I use the 'Line 1' input, neither Soundforge XP or Window 95's Sound Recorder will pick up for some reason, but if I put it into the 'microphone' input it will record, however, when it records it is amplified by the computer (according to my brother) but I can't find how I could turn this inner amplifiction off so that the recording sounds right... I've tried recording stuff through the microphone but it records a really choppy horrible bad quality .wav and there's usually background noise generated just from the microphone input or something, it sounds horrible. So I was wondering how I can;

1 - Set the line one so that Sound Recorder and Soundforge XP can pick it up?

OR

2 - How I can turn off the inner amplification on the microphone input so that I can use it to record a good sounding copy?

go into your multimedia settings in control panel and click the recording button..make sure that the line input isnt muted.. also click on the playback button and do the same..

- eddie -

Back